Monday, December 13, 2010

Winter Blizzard!

The snow has come earlier this year than expected. The boys (and Ken) received their first snow day of the school year today. Sadly, they only get 3 days per year now, and we are only in the beginning of the winter season. The worst of the snow is typically between January-March time frame. We have made the most of it though: shopping, baking, hot cocoa, and wrapping Christmas presents:) I love this time of year! I'm reminded of God's many blessings in my life. I'm also reminded of those who are away from their families this season as they are fighting for our freedom. It's so easy to forget in our day to day lives, but these men and women have and continue to sacrifice in many ways. I'm glad we have the freedom to celebrate Christmas and share God's love with others. What a blessing!
 
 

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Jennifer and Bobby said...

It's so beautiful, but I know ya'll are sick of it already.