Friday, January 1, 2010

Celebrating our 19th Anniversary!

Ken and I celebrated our anniversary a little early this year. We know that school, work, and everything else will be starting up again first thing Monday, and our anniversary is Tuesday, January 5th, so we decided to enjoy our time together over New Year's Day. Jacob was a sweetie and got Ken and I a gift certificate to one of our favorite Italian restaurants for our anniversary. We basically sat and recalled our years together and how blessed we both feel in so many ways. I also realized that Ken has had me as long as my mom and dad did. Thinking over all the choices we've made through the years we realized we have no regrets starting our family early and devoting as much time to each other as possible. I know in the world's eyes I may not have much to show for in terms of money, career, etc., but none of that compares to the relationships and time I have been blessed to put in those relationships over the years. Now with my kids becoming young adults before my eyes, my whole world is starting to shift in several ways. I have gone back to school in hopes to teach children some day. I have homeschooled for close to 14 years, so I feel that is an area I would adjust to quickly (or at least I hope I do:) I honestly see myself wanting to work with children one on one, or maybe tutoring. I'm sure this comes from homeschooling. I'm not sure what doors will open, but pray that I am able to do what is in my heart. Until then I will continue to be what I can be where I am at. With my boys growing up too fast I want to cherish as much of them as I can. Ultimately, I feel I am more blessed than I deserve...I have the best husband a woman could ask for and three awesome boys I cherish so much. God is good!
 

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jennifer and Bobby said...

Wow 19 years...that is so great! Happy Anniversary!

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary! I found a picture of the two of you when Jacob was just a baby...I was planning on sending it soon. It will be a great look back.:-) Glad you had a great day!

paw paw said...

HAPPY BIG "A"YOU BOTH STILL LOOK SO YOUNG!!