Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School!

Today was the boys first day of school. Jacob is a senior this year, Caleb is in 8th grade, and Seth is in 4th grade. I decided to homeschool Seth one more year. Jacob homeschooled up to 8th grade, and Caleb up to 6th grade. I'll put Seth in for 5th grade next year. He's too social and can't wait any longer. I'd put him in already except I want him to have all the basics down first. I'm not a big fan of public school, so this is my way to give my kids what they need from home in hopes that they'll succeed and not be one of many who are left behind. This will be my 14th year of homeschooling. It's hard to believe, and I think I'll be ready for something new next year. The boys have done amazing at school every year and have made Ken and I so proud. Our prayer is that they stay focused at each phase of their lives and to remember who they are and believe in themselves no matter what comes their way.
 
 

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck in school this year boys! Glad to see you still have your beach tans!

paw paw said...

One look at these young men, and you know they come from good stock!!!