Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!!

The morning was just perfect for the annual Memorial Day parade. Seth got to walk again this year representing his baseball team. Some from our church set a table up down at the parade and got to hand out beads, candy, and water to folks along the strip. It's one way we like to show God's love in practical ways with no strings attached.

The older I get the more I love and respect our veterans and those who serve(d) our country. A special "THANK YOU" to all who have and continue to serve on behalf of all of us. Sadly, I find myself seeing more Americans turning against each other because of different belief systems, whether religious, political, etc. etc., yet that is one of the freedoms that many have fought for. We let our differences divide us instead of unite us. I love the quote from a movie we saw this week which stated, "If I can't change when circumstances demand it, how can I expect others to change." How profound! We love to bash, gossip, put down, and compare human beings expecting to see the change we expect, but how often do we initiate that change in our own lives. As Americans, we have a responsibility to be that change. The change will come from the bottom up! Basically, change starts with ourselves and is done with respect and integrity. God Bless America!

 
 
 
 

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer and Bobby said...

It's hard to look beyond people's faults and see their need when all we can see is their faults. I know this isn't exactly what you are saying, but I just thought I'd throw that in there, as it's something I've been thinking on and trying to improve on in my own life (seeing past the faults). After all, Jesus did it for all of us :)

Shelley said...

What a haandsome baseball player walking in the middle there! I agree with you Cheryl-it's up to us to BE the change!