Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Wow, this is my 17th year being a mother! That is so hard to believe sometimes. I had a wonderful day...we went to church, and came home afterwards for lunch. We decided years ago to not go out to eat on Mother's Day. The restaurants are so busy. Ken went to the meat market and got some fresh chicken and beef kabobs to put on the grill. They were so yummy!! A friend of mine baked me a blackberry pie, so we ate that for dessert. I could grill out every night. It is fun for one, and to me the food tastes better grilled. It was just nice to hang out together as a family. With our kids getting older and more involved in extra curricular activities, I realize I treasure the time with them even more. I am so grateful for my husband and children! That in itself makes for a great Mother's Day!

 
 

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I am so thankful for the 18+ years we have been married and the unconditional love you have demonstrated to me. You have faithfully committed to being the best mother to our 3 sons and there are not words to describe the tremendous sacrifices you have made to ensure our children have a full-time mom. Your own agenda has always given way to the well-being of our family and the most important treasure we have is the strong relationship established upon the foundation of love you have layed. I love you!!

Jennifer and Bobby said...

I have always admired you for the way you have given your all to your family. From the very beginning, I could tell your children would be blessed to have you as their mother. Mothers like you and Shelley are very precious. Thank you for your example.

paw paw said...

a beautiful couple!