Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend!

We had an absolutely gorgeous weekend! Ken's folks got to come in for a couple days to see Seth at a couple of his baseball games. The season goes through July so we have a ways to go. Seth's loving every minute of it too! Ken and I also got the chance to go on an overnighter. We are at the point in our lives that our kids are old enough to be alone for an extended amount of time giving us some quality time ourselves. Since Ken and the boys were off, we got to go hiking again (something we'll do throughout the summer). We went to one of my favorite trails which was close to a 4 mile hike. I love this time of year because all the trees and flowers are in bloom. I was telling my father-in-law how I used to take for granted the sun, birds, flowers, and anything to do with nature. That is until I moved to the North! Most don't realize you go 4-5 months without hearing birds sing, feeling the warmth of the sun on your skin, and the seeing trees green all year! I've learned my lesson the hard way I guess:)

1 comments:

Jennifer and Bobby said...

I'm glad ya'll had a good Memorial Day. We did too, but we spent it being lazy indoors. It rained off and on all day. But we are happy that Bobby is off an extra day this week. We all have dental check-ups tomorrow. We always go together b/c I get scared. I had an anxiety attack at a visit one time, and ever since then I've scheduled us to have our visits together ;)