Saturday, October 11, 2008

Seth Turns 9!

Wow, I can't believe we celebrated Seth's 9th Birthday! He's my baby and is growing up too fast. As you can see he absolutely loves the Boston Red Sox baseball team. His favorite player is "Big Papi." I made him a Red Sox cake last year which took a bit longer than this one, but he insisted on another Red Sox cake. It is a tradition for me to (ususally:) make their cakes. They also get to pick a favorite meal for me to cook them. This year Seth picked tacos, refried beans, and nachos with cheese. Today we took him to a batting cage to practice with his new baseball bat he got for his birthday, along with a pizza buffet, and last but not least a movie called "Journey to the Center of the Earth." We all got our bellies quite full of pizza, popcorn, and soda. Ken and I can tell we are getting older because those foods don't settle like they used to when we were young:) Seth loved all his gifts including his new xbox controller, his baseball bat,and especially the $$ from Grammy, Grandpa, and Papa. Our boys love to get gifts, but now that they are getting older, well....remember when?

1 comments:

Jennifer and Bobby said...

Cheryl,
I just realized you updated your blog. You just called us and mentioned how you liked our pictures but didn't say you updated yours. Today is Seth's birthday! We didn't forget; it's just hard to keep up with it all! Happy 9th Birthday, Seth! Sounds like ya'll had fun celebrating! I guess we'll see ya'll at Shelley's for Thanksgiving. It's just around the corner!