Saturday, October 4, 2008

Jacob's Homecoming 2008!

Here are some pics of Jacob and some of his friends. He is a junior in high school this year and here they are getting ready to go out to eat and to the homecoming dance at their school. I can't believe how grown up he looks. It seems like yesterday I was doing the same thing...ugh! It never sank in when my mom and dad said.. "When you have children they'll grow up before your eyes and you'll wonder where did the time go"... I was about Jacob's age when I remember them saying that. Here I am on the other end of things. It makes me happy and sad all at the same time. I feel so privileged to be a mom and wife. That has brought me more fulfillment than any other accomplishment in my life. I treasure all the memories past and present and those that are yet to come....

2 comments:

Jennifer and Bobby said...

They do grow up so fast, don't they? It's an emotional rollercoaster watching our kids grow up. I keep telling mine to stop growing, but they won't listen.

These pictures are really good. I love the scenery. You look handsome, Jacob!

Take care...love Aunt Jennifer

Shelley said...

WoW! wish I knew how to make a whistle sound in words! You are a handsome young man Jacob! It's not all on the outside either- you are just as special on the inside.

It is so hard sometimes watching them grow up so fast and yet what a privelege we have as parents to be a part of.....love ya'll!
shelley