Friday, May 30, 2008

Remodeling our living room

Well, these are pics of our newly remodeled living room. We pulled up our carpet and refinished the hard wood floors underneath. What a job that was, but well worth it. I absolutely love how they turned out. While we were at it, we painted and got some new furniture pieces as well as some accessories. I love doing things like this and could do it all the time, but Ken doesn't want to make it his other full time job..hee! He did a great job on the floors. That is my favorite thing in the whole room. The money we saved not getting new carpet we put toward some furniture and accessories. I love our new room!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,

Shelley told us you were remodeling your living room. It looks so elegant. I love the floor. It's beautiful. Ya'll did an awesome job, but I'm not surprised. You are so talented when it comes to interior decorating. Will you come and do our house? :) Our plan is to paint and decorate the kids' rooms this summer during Bobby's vacation in July. I'm not as creative as you are, but I'm looking forward to doing it anyway. We are letting them pick out their own colors. As much as I like pink, I am hoping to steer Makensie more towards another pastel color just for a change. I'm not sure what Matthew will pick, probably a shade of blue.

Anyway, your room looks great. Maybe we will actually get to see it in person one day. :)

Jennifer

Shelley said...

Looks FABULOUS! Love it, can't wait to get started on some of my summer projects!!!\